Vascular Neurology of Southern California
Welcome to Vascular Neurology of Southern California. At VNSC, we offer a range of specialized treatments that aim to give you the very best neurovascular care in Thousand Oaks, West Hills, and Ventura County in Los Angeles. Our caring, highly trained, and experienced doctors and staff strive to provide you with the most effective and up-to-date neurological treatments in the region.
If you or a loved are worried about a potential stroke, transient ischemic attack, or any other neurology challenge, we will do our best to make sure that our team attends to you within 48 hours.
To provide excellent patient care and advance the field of vascular neurology across a choice of locations in California, including Thousand Oaks, West Hills, Lancaster, Los Angeles County, and Ventura County.
Services and Specialties
- General neurology
- Stroke neurology
- Endovascular neurosurgical neuroradiology/interventional neurology
Neurology Treatments and Procedures
Our professional team of doctors compassionately takes the time to walk patients through their diagnosis, plan their procedure, and answer any questions they may have.
Procedures offered include:
Conditions treated by our expert team include:
- Brain aneurysm
- Blockages in the brain and neck vessels
Ventura ELVO Score
The Ventura ELVO Score is a scale Dr. Taqi helped develop. Emergency medical providers use it in the field to assess the likelihood of a blocked coronary artery that might cause an ischemic stroke. By examining four simple criteria, we can give the patient a quick score that helps determine the treatment steps. The Ventura ELVO Score has shown promising success at enhancing outcomes for stroke patients.
Our team of highly trained and experienced doctors treat all neurological ailments.
- Dr. Taqi: Dr. M. Asif Taqi is a quadruple board-certified interventional and stroke neurologist with a background in neurology, vascular/critical care neurology, and neuroendovascular surgery.
- Dr. Sofroni: Dr. Emanuela Sofroni is a board-certified neurologist specializing in clinical neurophysiology and is proficient in performing electroencephalograms and nerve conduction studies/electromyograms.
- Dr. Label: Dr. Lorne S. Label’s expertise in neurology includes headaches, dementia, nerve and muscle diseases, head injuries, attention deficit disorder, seizures, and stroke.
- Dr. Salahuddin: Dr. Hisham Salahuddin is a board-certified neurologist, vascular neurologist, and specialist in neuro-endovascular treatments with experience in treating all disorders related to blood vessels of the brain.
- Dr. Aachi: Dr. V. Raghav Aachi is a board-certified neurologist with subspecialty training in vascular neurology.
- Dr. Swamy: Dr. Nikil Swamy is a neurointerventional surgeon and board-certified neurologist specializing in treating various neurovascular diseases of the brain and spinal cord, with specific expertise in minimally invasive endovascular techniques.
- Dr. Nguyen: Dr. Ha Son Nguyen is a compassionate and highly trained neurological surgeon who is a strong advocate for the advancement of neurological surgery.